The Wine & Spirit Education Trust – Level 2 Award in Spirits is suitable for anyone who wishes to enhance their knowledge on the subject.
The qualification offers broad coverage of all product categories in the field of spirits, together with comprehensive knowledge on spirits & liqueurs and covers history,production & styles of principal spirits and liqueurs. It underpins job skills and competencies in the customer service and sales functions of the hospitality, retail and wholesale industries.
The main objectives of the course are:
- - Level 2 systematic approach to tasting spirits
- - Production process of various spirits
- - Key spirit producing regions
- - Detailed modules on spirits – Brandy/Cognac,Whiskey,Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Gin,Liqueurs & other spirits.
- - Influences of various production methods such as distillation & maturation of the different styles available in each category
- - A comparative tasting of 20-25 spirits & liqueurs
To gain the Level 2 qualification in spirits, candidates will be required to undergo training in Spirits of the world delivered by a WSET Level 2 Approved Programme Provider along with spirits tasting as a part of every class, followed by an hour long multiple choice examination.