The Wine & Spirit Education Trust – Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits is suitable for anyone who wishes to enhance their knowledge on the subject.
The qualification offers broad coverage of all product categories in the field of wines and spirits, together with basic wine tasting technique. It underpins job skills and competencies in the customer service and sales functions of the hospitality, retail and wholesale industries.
The main objectives of the course are:
- - Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting and food & wine matching
- - Learn about viticulture and the wine making process.
- - Know about key wine-and-spirit producing regions of the world
- - Understand key grape varietals: Chardonnay; Sauvignon Blanc; Riesling; Merlot; Cabernet Sauvignon; Pinot Noir; Syrah and Grenache
- - Increase knowledge of sparkling wines, sweet wines, fortified wines and liqueurs
To gain the Level 2 qualification, candidates will be required to undergo training in Wines and Spirits of the world delivered by a WSET Level 1 Approved Programme Provider along with wine tasting as a part of every class, followed by an hour long multiple choice examination.