The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is intended to provide in-depth knowledge of a wide range of wines and is open to students who hold WSET Level 2 Award in Wine & Spirits or can demonstrate knowledge at intermediate level through completion of equivalent courses or sufficient experience in the wine and spirit industry.
This qualification is also suitable for the wine enthusiast wishing to build on knowledge gained at Level 2.
All sessions on the course include tastings. Wines from around the world will be tasted as part of the course. The Advanced Certificate is a unitised course, covering wines of the world in considerable depth, and students are required to prove competency in theory and tasting. The examination for the Advanced Certificate is in two parts: a theory examination of 50 multiple-choice questions and four short-answer questions, plus a tasting examination consisting of a blind tasting of two wines.
- Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Viticulture and Vinification
- France 1: Bordeaux and South-West France
- France 2: Burgundy and Alsace
- Loire, Rhone and South of France
- Germany, Austria, Hungary, UK
- Spain and Portugal
- Eastern Europe, New Zealand and South Africa
- The Americas
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified Wines